Thursday, April 23, 2009

Generational Portraits

We were recently able to photograph three exceptionally close generations of lovely Sacramento ladies together.

I personally love seeing these generational portraits and think they are SO important. Our family influences and defines us more than we could ever know. I have found myself looking back at photographs of my grandparents and great-grandparents, imagining what they would have been like and hoping to see something of myself in them. More often than not, I find it and feel connected to the past generations and humankind in general.

These lucky girls will grow up knowing and loving their mother and grandmother well...and have these images to remind them how much of themselves they inherited from the women who went before....















No comments: